November 15, 2023

bottle rockets

Here are the poems I have published in the journal bottle rockets over the years:

a missile
the width of my finger
on the button

October rain
Captain America
shields his candy

singing
the words I don’t know
loudest

out of my arm
I pluck
the bee’s death

spare change
my conscience empties
my wallet

second cup
I stir some sugar
into my headache

rain pelts the candidate’s sign 

I vote for a man who can’t win


the first big snowfall of the season

he remains inside excuses


6 comments:

  1. Superb collection, loved ‘spare change..’ Such a treat to read the poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When something like this is encountered, there's just reading.
    No reader, no comments . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little late to get to this, but now that I have I am delighted! I love your poems and your asemic writing! I vote for Dave Read, the man who is not running for any office and who leads me many places I find myself exploring with the marvelous feeling of being more alive!

    ReplyDelete